Wednesday 13 June 2018

Tuesday - Arrival to calm water.


Arrival


Kent and I left Ritzville around 9:00 after taking advantage of their free breakfast.  We stopped at Roosevelt for a look, but the water was virtually calm with a slight breeze from the East.  Of course, Idaho Bill was there to greet us.  He had been there for a week, and as always, wanted to chat.

I had a better look at the damage to my board - ouch!

Nose damage to my Seatrend "foiling board"

Tail Damage

 We arrived in Hood River at 11:30 and went straight to Sailworks.  I wanted to ask them about options for repairing my board, and both Kent and I had sails we wanted to pick up.  Kent also picked up his new foiling board and then purchased a new smaller front fin for his foil so he can go faster.  I'm not sure what the total was, but we have already made an impact on the local economy.

Kent's rig at Roosevelt
The Dale, Jim, and Bruce at Sailworks are always friendly and talkative.  Phil Soltysaik is now working there as well. We enjoyed catching up and visiting.  They suggested a few names for me to call to repair my board, but it sounds like it will cost more than the board is worth so I will attempt the repair myself.  Of course, they are pushing their new foil boards and would love for me to take out a demo (which I probably will later in the week), but for now I managed to escape without buying anything else :<)

We arrived at Ross's Condo at about 1:30 and unpacked.  Kent and I then started working on repairing my board.  We used Solarez, which is an amazing product.  The repair went much better than I expected.  Ross even had some white paint to add the finishing touch.  It is not pretty, but it should be watertight and that is all that really counts.

Kent and I had a great time playing Table Tennis.  I am looking forward to more matches over the week!

Ross arrived later in the day, and later in the evening, Spencer arrived on his Motorcycle.  He had put 1800km on his bike over two days, going down to Whitefish Montana and then across to Sandpoint, then south and eventually over to Hood River.  We hope to get him sailing tomorrow!

We went to Double Mountain Pizza for supper!  Excellent way to end the first day!



No comments:

Post a Comment