Tuesday 26 June 2018

Sunday - Day on the water at home.

A Perfect Day!

I couldn't resist putting up one last blog update!

The drive home was uneventful for me, and from what I hear, everyone else got home safely without problems as well.

Sunday morning, I woke up to a beautiful calm day.  Louise was away visiting her folks, so I had the place to myself.

I road my road bike (not my e-bike) into town and back and had one of my best times, completing the loop in just over an hour.
Ted - standing in the boat with his Seawind Float Plane
Then I took out my Seawind RC Float Plane on the lake.  I fly it from our boat so that I can go and get it if something happens.  I was practising my landings and take-offs when I heard my daughter, Laura, just behind me. She had taken out one of our SUP's and paddled over to where I was flying. What a nice surprise!
Laura on the SUP - photo taken from my RC Plane
After a few more flights, we went back to the house for lunch.  After lunch, Louise arrived home, so we took the boat out again for some Slalom Skiing (Laura and I), Wake Surfing (Laura, Louise and I), and some Foiling behind the boat (Laura and I).
Ted

Laura
Laura and I both did some long runs on the foil - I think we are getting the knack of it.  Laura is particularly happy, because she is now better at foiling than her brother, although Spencer only had a few quick tries in very cold weather last fall.  (She admits that it might not take him long to catch up.)  Next, we will have to start foiling in the wake and see if we can get to the point where we drop the rope.  We all had a lot of fun!  There is no better place than the boat on a warm day with family!

Laura Foiling

Ted on the foil
What a perfect afternoon with warm temperatures and calm water!  What a wonderful end to the trip!

I hope some of you guys can make it out to our place to try wake foiling with me sometime this summer!

If not, I am looking forward to seeing you again in September!





Not all my foiling sessions ended smoothly.... but no injuries to anyone!


Ted - sitting on the boat flying his Seatrend RC plane.

Taken from the seaplane just as it was landing.
Laura had paddled up behind me without me noticing.


No comments:

Post a Comment